The WPA was founded to bring unity to a fragmenting industry by working hand-in-hand with existing organizations where applicable and possible, and fostering a greater sense of community across the board through sporting events, charitable activity and community outreach
Competitors are required to be current members of the WPA to compete in WPA sanctioned events.
Competitors must pass a drug test administered in the form of a polygraph screening in order to be eligible.
Other forms of drug testing may be used including urinalysis, voice stress, blood, saliva, hair testing or other means of detection.
Competitors should be sure to thoroughly read the drug testing guidelines prior to obtaining a WPA membership.
CLASSIC BIKINI DIVISIONS
WPA divisions are based or age, category status and level of experience.
Teen: Ages 15-19.
Debut: Ages 18+. First competition ever. Cannot have competed anywhere else, in any category, with any organization.
Novice: Ages 18+. Cannot have placed first in any class besides Teen, within any division, within any category, with any organization (with the exception of cases where first place was won in a class that only had one competitor in it).
Masters: Age as of day of contest must fall within the stipulated age range. Master’s categories start at 40+ (example Master’s 40+, Master’s 50+
Open: Open to everyone 18+ with any level of experience.
Military, Police, Fireman (MPF) – Open to everyone 18+ who is currently or previously served in the Mililtary, Police Officer or Fireman.
WPA CLASSIC BIKINI RULES AND COMPARISONS
WPA Classic Bikini division consists of Group Comparisons, Individual Presentations and Overall Comparisons (if needed).
Competitors must be 15-19 years of age for Teen Divisions and 18+ for Debut, Novice, Open.
For Master’s categories (40+, 50+, etc.), competitors must be within the age restrictions at the time of competition.
Two-piece off the store rack bikinis are worn with any colored high-heeled shoes. Suits can be of any color and should cover a minimum of half of the gluteus maximus and all of the frontal area. The heels should be of any color, no higher than 6 inches with the sole no higher than 2 inches.
• Jewelry is permitted
• G-strings, Thongs, and Platform heels are not permitted.
• No Props or Costumes Allowed
• Bikini competitors may not crossover into Figure or Women's Physique.
Group Comparisons are conducted through a series of quarter turns called by the head judge. The judges may request to have competitors moved in the lineup and ask to see specific poses during group comparisons.
Round 1 - Stage Presence: Competitors will be judged on overall presentation, confidence, execution of quarter turns, stage tan color, suit selection and make-up.
Round 2 – Physique and Symmetry: Competitors will be judged on an overall healthy-toned physique, balance, shape, fullness and proportion. Physique structure should be aesthetically pleasing from the front, sides and rear poses. Classic Bikini competitors should not display an abundance of muscle size, deep muscle separation, or muscle striations. They should display a soft but firm, curvy beach body look..
Classic Bikini Poses consist of:
Front Relaxed Pose – Facing forward one leg is slightly bent with one hand on the hip.
Quarter Turns – Side stances will have the back hand on hip elbow rotated forward and front shoulder and arm open to the judges
Rear Pose - Head facing back of the stage and both variations below will be called by the head judge:
• Legs crossed with both hands to the side
• Quarter Turns
• Hip extended outward, with foot slightly angled outwards and opposite foot pointing forward.
Individual presentations consist of a model walk. Competitors may provide their own background music or use house music for individual presentations. Music should be tasteful with no profanity. Competitors should walk with poise and grace with the ability to transition between different poses smoothly and effortlessly.
The Classic Bikini Model Walk consists of:
• Walking out to rear center stage and pause briefly in a stance of choice
• Then walk up to the front center stage (pause/pose)
• Then walk to stage left (pause/pose)
• Then walk to stage right (pause/pose)
• Then walk to front center stage (pause/pose)
• Finally walk back diagonally to stage entry point
If the division has more than one class, the winners of each class will compete for an overall title. Overall comparisons are conducted in the same manner as judging.
CLASSIC BIKINI HEIGHT CLASSES
Formation of classes within divisions at a show is at a promoter's discretion. Promoters may elect to use specified height or may form classes by dividing groups into as equal as possible parts by height based on total number of entries in a division for other categories.
Class 1 - Up to and including 5’4”
Class 2 - Over 5’4” and up to and including 5’6”
Class 3 - Over 5’6”
CLASSIC BIKINI JUDGING
Judging Criteria is based on symmetry, having a healthy-toned physique and stage presence.
SCORING AND TIE-BREAKERS
• WPA sanctioned events require a minimum of 5 judges for regional shows and 7 judges for IPE Pro Qualifying events.
• Each judge takes all criteria for a category into account and assigns one overall score for each contestant in the form of rank during the group comparison
• A highest and lowest rank for each competitor is dropped as a safeguard against human error and/or bias, whether intentional or on a subconscious level.
• The remaining judges' placements are summed, and the competitor with the lowest sum total receives 1st place in the class. Second lowest sum receives
2nd place, and so on.
• In cases of a tie, competitors ranked higher by the majority of all judges are awarded the higher placements.
Competitors that place in the top five (5) in each class at national qualifying contests are qualified for the WPA Nationals (Spring) and NANBF Nationals (Fall).
EARNING YOUR PRO CARD
Classic Bikini is not a pro-qualifiying division at this time. To earn your pro card, you may enter our Open Bikini division
WPA CONTEST SCHEDULE